destination weddings

Wedding Photographer Jeff Chang shows his entire camera kit for weddings. Chats about the basic concept of organizing and transporting gear, the importance o…

destination weddings

There is definitely something romantic about having destination weddings. Though not everyone wants to fly off somewhere to get married on the beach or at a swanky resort, many find this is something that they want to do. There is a lot to consider before you do this however, and if you don’t have a lot of money, this might be out of the question for you. Not only do you have to think about your finances, you have to consider the finances of those you want to invite to your wedding.

Cost is probably the biggest factor in destination weddings. You are going to pay more for your arrangements, but if that is the wedding of your dreams, you should have it if you can afford it. You also have to consider how much money your family and friends have to spend. Plane tickets and hotel reservations can be steep, and you may find that some just can’t come. You will have to decide if destination weddings are worth it if some that you love cannot be there due to cost.

When choosing a place for destination weddings, you have to consider a few things. Most want to be married outside when they do this, but there is always the possibility that the weather will be a factor. You have to be sure the place you choose that hosts destination weddings will have alternative means for you to hold your wedding if the weather does not cooperate. This is something that is easier to do when you are near home, but when you are far from home, you have to know other arrangements can be made for you and your guests.

Also remember that destination weddings are expensive, even for those who can afford to go. You may not get the gifts you think you might get when someone has to pay a lot of money to attend your wedding. Be prepared for an exciting and wonderful wedding, but also prepare for it to be a smaller affair. You have to decide if all of that is worth it before you proceed. Those with smaller families and a close circle of friends usually choose this type of wedding, and it often becomes exactly what they hoped it would be. Just remember to give destination weddings a lot of thought before deciding that is what you want to do for sure.

14 Comments on "destination weddings"

1. Spencer Prattling | October 22, 2014 at 7:37 am |

WHERE DID YOU BUY THE TAN DIVIDERS WITH THE BLACK CASE???? I CANT FIND THAT
    COMBINATION ANYWHERE ONLINE!! AHHH >:O

2. The Apartment Creative | October 22, 2014 at 7:19 am |

yeah the 600EX-RT, they’re fantastic. Good bye pocket wizards! Glad you
    liked the video, thanks for the comment.

3. Great video, I wish you guys and gal (I think) all the luck in your
    endeavor.

4. The Apartment Creative | October 22, 2014 at 5:50 am |

thanks for leaving a comment! It definitely helps to be organized!

5. The Apartment Creative | October 22, 2014 at 5:16 am |

it’s pretty damn awesome!

6. I’d like to learn about what to get when you’re just starting out.
    Currently I’m a canon shooter with a 7D and a kit lens. I’ve got a 3 light
    kit and a gary fong flash puffer. Essentially, I’m working with super basic
    stuff (compared to this). What should I do/get? How can I work with what
    I’ve got?

7. The Apartment Creative | October 22, 2014 at 4:08 am |

We’re about to organize a whole series of videos about wedding and
    commercial photography. This is your chance to chime in! Anything in
    particular you guys want to see or learn about? Album companies and
    pricing, contracts, business in general, shooting styles, gear, day of,
    editing, backup solutions etc…… looking forward to what youtube land
    comes up with!

8. Its just a hobby so its mainly on the ground 😛 I want to be a pilot once I
    finish school 🙂 When I shoot on the ground I usually am on top of a ladder
    with my 550D (Battery grip of course) + Sigma 120-400. I have a C 24-105
    f4, Siggy 10-20 and we can’t forgot the C 50 1.8! – Tom

9. Warren Sheng | October 22, 2014 at 2:50 am |

An excellent, concise, and almost unique video on how to organise yourself.
    My only tiny recommendation is perhaps you could mention how often
    photographers leave kit behind when they are less organised?!

10. Twostones00 | October 22, 2014 at 2:46 am |

Where do you get the “foam inserts” for the lenses?

11. Daria Badanina | October 22, 2014 at 1:53 am |

I have a Mark II as well… how do you shoot at weddings with a Mark II?
    They shutter is so SO LOUD! I tried going into Live View/Movie then silent
    shoot Mode 1 and Mode 2. It doesn’t seem to make an iota of difference.
    What do you do in your experience?

12. Matt Gordon | October 22, 2014 at 1:44 am |

Great video guys, I envy your organisation and equipment, great jobs boys
    keep going

13. Chris Tisdale | October 22, 2014 at 12:58 am |

Whoa, I own one of those mk II’s now, I bought it off you in October 2012!
    My charger even has the #1 sticker on it still haha

14. Aja Hononottoday | October 22, 2014 at 12:16 am |

You guys are my new heroes! All of your equipment are drool worthy as
    well!!!